Friday, February 19, 2016

First Impression: Varney the Vampire (or the Feast of Blood)

I was given the opportunity to see the first episode of the web series of Varney the Vampire recently, in advance, as a review piece. I was going to offer you my first impressions but it is a tad difficult as the episode is just over 3 minutes in length and thus the impressions I have are limited.

Richard Dodwell as Varney
It is the opening infamous scene from the Penny Dreadful where Sir Francis Varney (Richard Dodwell) has his toothsome way with Flora Bannerworth (Laura Cannon). I liked the look of Varney and there was a nice atmosphere generated. I understand why the running length would be so curtailed; it is not a unique length for web serials and I imagine the running length of each episode will vary. However you might get more of an impression from the trailer for the series (which I understand will be 28 episodes long). The series begins on the 4th of March 2016.

The series has a Facebook page and a Homepage and the imdb page is here.

2 comments:

Kuudere-Kun said...

No one told me this was coming?????????????

Taliesin_ttlg said...

to be fair, I just did ;)

Came across it on Facebook just recently