Friday, March 16, 2012

News

It is rare that I do a news bit, though…

The comic the Night Projectionist received a “First
Impression" article here.

I really rather enjoyed the issues I saw and then it fell from the radar… Well a trade paperback is due out and, whilst I intend to review it, from the first two parts it will be well worth a look.

Doing the rounds today is the Dark Shadows trailer. I am a little unsure but… The series and film (and subsequent reboot series) were never shown in the UK (or never really attracted an audience) – as such it doesn’t carry the rose tinted support it does in the US. To me this looks akin to Burton films such as Beetlejuice – the jury is out but favourable:



Night Projectionist detail
I have also received a mail from Sherillyn Kenyon’s publicists. Her next book, Infamous, is due out. I am not sure if it is vamp, and if it is I dislike the parochial idea that any give away should be US only. Thus I wouldn’t mention it but I am mentioning other stuff. The Blurb is:

”The world has fallen in love with Nick Gautier and the Dark-Hunters. Now Nick's saga continues in the next eagerly anticipated volume...

Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That's the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn't the average teenager. He's a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him.

He's learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive such a difficulty? But that isn't the primary skill he has to master. Survival is.

And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known.
Or...”


The trailer is here:



Finally, the latest edition of Shadowland magazine is available. It is full of bat related material and has one of my reviews printed in it.



No comments: