Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More New Films

Sometime ago I mentioned a new film called The Thirst, with Tony Todd and Jason Connery, not to be confused with the other film in production at the same time called The Thirst, starring Clare Krammer, nor to be confused with the 1979 vampire flick Thirst… Phew, well the Todd/Connery vehicle is due out on (region 1) DVD on 11.11.08 and to save on confusion has re-titled to Blood Wars.

Then again, to add to the confusion I noticed, on Upcoming Horror Movies a new Korean vampire flick named… Thirst. UHM give the following synopsis:

Thirst follows a beloved and devoted priest from a small town {who} volunteers for a medical experiment which fails and turns him into a vampire. Physical and psychological changes lead to his affair with a wife of his childhood friend who is repressed and tired of her mundane life. The one-time priest falls deeper in despair and depravity. As things turns for worse, he struggles to maintain what's left of his humanity.

Another new film, this time French, is les Dents de la Nuit, which has a homepage here. From what I can gather the plot revolves around a group of people invited to a party. There they discover that their hosts are vampires and that they are the main dish being served. Not an altogether original plot but it might have some style. The film has had French cinema release but no sign yet of a DVD nor any indication of whether it would be subtitled. US and UK distribution does not seem to have been arranged yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tal

I have left a comment here in a while, sorry. I drop by and especially check out your well chosen vid caps. I do not comment too often I guess because most of the material is utterly new to me. Good to see you are posting steadily.

My BTs at the school here are blocked for now, but I utilize some of the sites you recommended. I finally got a membership to retroflix.com. I just wrote them and asked for one. Haha. Not so hard after all. Did not have to kiss the ring of high priest or anything.

I still drop in, sorry i do not post a comment more often enough. See ya

Bill

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Bill

pop by any time - you know that mate, always welcome.

In the same respects I bob over to the uranium cafe often, but don't always leave a comment. Rest assured, however, I have a read of each blog you post

All the best


T

Anonymous said...

"Not an altogether original plot but it might have some style."

I'm not sure if you've seen and/or reviewed it, but it vaguely reminds me of Dinner with the Vampire (1988).

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Bizarrely - yes I have seen it and the review is written but not yet posted (I have about 10 days of material in abeyance!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Now there's a coincidence for ya!

I'll be looking forward to your review. I haven't seen the film in about...mmm...10 years, maybe.

It'll be interesting to see what your thoughts on it are...and if our views gel.